Sunday, October 26, 2008

Justin's Funeral



We buried my sweet baby Justin's body Saturday. Some people may not understand our need to bury him, considering it was a miscarriage, but I know it was the right thing to do. It was a small, although very sad service.


Here is the program

Front



Inside




Family was invited, but mostly it was for me & Dallas to say goodbye. And the neatest thing happened, instead of saying goodbye, we both said we'll see you when the time is right. It is amazing to me how many blessings this little child has brought to our family. I won't go through a lot of it now, but as sad as it has been I am truly honored to have been able to bring this special little spirit into the world, for however short a time it was.


We asked the boys to pick out a few things to give to their brother.
They were all happy to give Justin something to play with.


Dallas and I picked a few things out as well.


Here are a few pictures of the service

Here's all my boys

Here's all of us


The boys were able to carry the casket all the way to the limo.
They thought that was very special.


Here is the wreath Dallas & I had made for the service.
(It is made of artificial flowers so we were able to keep it)

The boys each put a white rose on the casket.





Later, we went back to arrange the flowers on the grave.







This is the poem that I wrote the day I came home from the hospital. It was also on the back of the program.

OUR ANGEL
By Becky S. Orr


You were born so small and fragile.
A tiny, perfect little doll.
Ten little fingers and ten little toes,
To help make up our beautiful boy.


My arms ache to hold you again.
To feel your tiny hand in mine,
To kiss your sweet, handsome face,
To hold your body close to mine,
To always keep you with me,
And never again let you go.


But the Lord decided
You were too special to Him,
And before I had a chance
To show you to the world,
He called you back
To be in His loving arms.


Born too soon before your time,
You will forever stay in our hearts.
We set out to have a child,
But gave birth to an angel.


In loving memory:
Justin David Orr
Born Silently
October 21, 2008


I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father's love and truly know that everything happens for a reason. I love you all and God bless!

3 comments:

lishajeanne said...

So sweet. I know this is hard, well I can imagine. You seem to be comforted by the spirit. I am glad you are doing better. Love you.

Vulture said...

Hey Becky,

This is your cousin Michael, your Uncle John's oldest son. My dad forwarded your blog URL to me to update me on your stillbirth. I just wanted to express my condolences.

I also wanted to comment on your handling of the whole event, which I think is exemplary. You showed an example to your surviving children that I believe will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Well done.

Teri said...

Becky,
I don't know what to say except we love ya and think of you guys often. I am glad that I found your blog..or that you found mine.